Before traveling to Machu Picchu we suggest you keep these recommendations in mind so your trip is safe and enjoy it to the fullest.
It is advisable to travel to Machu Picchu in the dry season which is from April to October. If you go in the rainy season, which is from November to March, take into account the climatic conditions that may vary.
- Bring repellent, Sun block, Hat or cap
- A bottle of water in the backpack (at Machu Picchu it costs 10 soles)
- Bring a snack in the backpack
- Bring walking sticks (only if you have problems for this)
- Bring trekking shoes
- Buses to Machu Picchu only accept American Dollars. No credit or debit cards.
- The first bus leaves 5 and 20 am towards Machu Picchu from Aguas Calientes
- Check out of the hotels or leave the room is 9 a.m.
- The thermal baths cost 10 soles.
- You can visit in Aguas Calientes the bio garden called Mandor, you will be able to observe orchids.